New England Clam Chowder with Tempura Cod Bites
Ingredients for 1 soup bowl
- Welna Tempura Batter Mix 10g (1tbsp)
- Ice cold water 15g (1tbsp)
- Cod 15g (1/2oz)
- Red onion minced 1/2tbsp
- Flat Parsley 1/4 tsp
- Shaved potato 10g (1/3oz)
- Welna Tempura Batter Mix 1tsp
- Clam chowder 150g (5 oz)
- Minced parsley for garnish
- Frying oil as needed (5g)
- To make tempura batter combine Welna Tempura Batter Mix with cold water and mix till combined, do not over mix.
- For tempura cut cod into 1/2 inch dice. Mince red onion and parsley. Rinse shaved potato in cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
- To evenly dust each ingredient with Welna Tempura Batter Mix, place 1 tsp of Welna Tempura Batter Mix in a plastic bag, add cod, onion, parsley and potato. Add air and shake.
- Dip patty into tempura batter to coat.
- Fry in 350 F oil till light gold.
- Heat clam chowder and serve with tempura cod bites and parsley.