Portabella Stuffed with Broccoli and Tofu Pure, Tempura Style
Ingredients for 1 appetizer
- Welna Tempura Batter Mix 15g (1.5tbsp)
- Ice cold water 24g (1.6tbsp)
- Portabella 1 (*mushroom)
- Firm Tofu 100g (*Cottage cheese)
- Broccoli 100g
- Salt pinch
- Welna Tempura Batter Mix 5g(1/2 tbsp)
- Lemon wedge (optional)
- Frying Oil as needed
*you can substitute cottage cheese for tofu and mushroom for portabella.
- To make tempura batter combine Welna Tempura Batter Mix with cold water and mix till combined, do not over mix.
- In a food processor combine tofu with cooked broccoli and pure.
- Spread broccoli tofu pure in center of portabella.
- Dust portabella with Welna Tempura Batter Mix .
- Dip portabella in tempura batter (made in step 1) to coat.
- Fry portabella in 320 F oil till portabella is cooked. Gradually heat up oil to 350 F and cook till light gold. If needed add extra tempura batter on top of portabella when frying.
- Serve with lemon.