Honey Walnut Shrimp
Ingredients for 4 servings
For candied walnuts:
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 1/3 cup (66 g) white sugar
- 1/2 cup (60 g) walnuts
For deep fried shrimp:
- 1 cup (130 g) Welna Tempura Batter Mix
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1 pound (454 g) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup (54 g) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (216 g) vegetable oil for frying
- Stir together the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir until the glaze thickens. Lower the heat to medium and add the walnut halves. Stir until the mixture becomes golden brown or caramel in color. Transfer walnuts on a lined cookie sheet to dry.
- In a medium bowl, mix water and Welna Tempura Batter Mix until it has a pasty consistency.
Heat the oil in a heavy deep skillet over medium-high heat. Dip shrimp into the Welna Tempura Batter Mix batter, and then fry in the hot oil until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- In a medium serving bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, honey and sweetened
condensed milk. Add shrimp and drizzle or toss to coat with the sauce.
Sprinkle the candied walnuts on top and serve.